£35 + VAT – Package Discounts available (+10 courses)
The Abrasive Wheels Online Training Course is designed to promote safe working practices and minimise errors in the use of abrasive wheels. There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, for making preliminary cuts and scores in materials, or for fine polishing and finishing. Different wheels will have different properties and characteristics suitable for particular tasks. They also have different weaknesses and can pose different risks and hazards in handling and use. For this reason, it is important that you always select the correct abrasive wheel for the job and use it with the right machinery.
This course covers the anatomy of an abrasive wheel, the dangers associated with their use, storage and handling and much more.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a course certificate. Your certificate will be available to download as soon as you have passed your course.
The Abrasive Wheels course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and approved by The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management IIRSM. IIRSM & CPD approved courses are distributed under licence.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introducing Abrasive Wheels
- The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel
- The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Safety
- Safe Speeds
- Other Wheel Markings
- Storage and Handling
- Checking and Testing
- Training and Certification
- Course Summary
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to use wheels correctly and safely.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding to use wheels correctly and safely.
- Promote safe working practices and minimise errors in the use of abrasive wheels.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 2 -3 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 100 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase the course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal