The Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers Online Training Course is designed to minimise the risk when working with asbestos, understanding the responsibilities of architects and designers according to legislation.
Asbestos is probably the most dangerous building material ever used. Every year thousands of people fall ill and die because of exposure to asbestos, and it was widely used by the construction industry right up until the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 apply to employers, employees, self-employed persons and covers all work with asbestos containing materials. Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
This course consists of 5 modules and brings a specific module aimed at architects and designers working with buildings that may contain asbestos. It provides information about the legislation governing asbestos and outlines the responsibilities of architects and designers.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Asbestos Awareness course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and the certificate will show the accreditation by The Independent Asbestos Training Providers IATP
What you will learn on this course?
- Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure
- Different Types of Asbestos
- Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos
- Outline of Asbestos Legislation
- Content for Architects and Designers
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who may come into contact with asbestos in their work specifically architects and designers working with buildings that may contain asbestos.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to recognise asbestos and avoid risks from asbestos.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding about asbestos and recognise them and the risk of exposure.
- Prevent the exposure to asbestos and make sure it is kept as low as reasonably practicable.
- Understand the responsibilities of architects and designers according to the current legislation.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 75 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 100% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal