This half day (3 hour) Basic Food Safety course is designed to develop skills, knowledge and understanding the importance of good personal and workplace, responsibilities of food safety legislation and basics to ensure food safety.
It is a legal requirement that anyone working with food must safeguard the health of consumers by gaining food safety training and hygiene knowledge. This course is for all food handlers and food business operators. 3 year certificate.
What will you learn on this course?
- Introduction to Food Safety.
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators.
- Food preparation and surface hygiene.
- Handling food safely and personal hygiene.
- Food poisoning causes and prevention.
- Reduce risk of contamination
- Cooking, reheating and chilling.
- Safe food storage and principles.
- Pest Control.
- Cleaning food storage areas, equipment and premises.
Who should attend this course?
- Food operatives and food business operators.
- People working in handling and/or preparing food within catering or retail environment.
- People wanting to undertake training or to further develop knowledge and/or skills in this subject area.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding the importance of good personal and workplace, responsibilities of food safety legislation and basics to ensure food safety.
- To progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding and preparing learners for employment and supporting a role in the workplace.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 1/2 day programme (3 hours).
What type of assessment does this course use?
Assessment 20 multiple choice questionnaire.
Where you can take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course