The COSHH Online Training Course is designed to develop the knowledge and understanding about Substances Hazardous to Health, including how to undertake a risk assessment in relation to the health effect that these substances can cause.
In legal terms, Substances Hazardous to Health are classified as “very toxic, toxic, harmful, corrosive or Irritant” under the Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulations (CLP). This was a new regulation that came into force in January 2009 dovetailing a set of regulations called REACH.
REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, which came into force on 1st June 2007. One of the main aims of REACH is to provide a high level of protection for human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
This course covers what you need to know about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). It is aimed at anyone who is exposed to Substances Hazardous to Health at work, as well as line managers with responsibility for such people.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health course is approved by The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management IIRSM.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introducing COSHH
- Different Types of Hazard
- Different Types of Exposure
- Regulations and Approved Labelling
- Assessing COSHH Risks
- The Risk Assessment in Practice
- Exposure Control
- Staying in Control
- Training and Emergency Planning
- Course Summary
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who is exposed to Substances Hazardous to Health at work, as well as line managers with responsibility for such people.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop knowledge and understanding of COSHH risk assessment and the skills that are required to carry out an appropriate risk assessment.
- Ensure the members of your staff understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 2.5 – 3.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 125 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal