£25 + VAT – Package Discounts available (+10 courses)
The Dementia Awareness Online Training Course is intended to give you an overview of the common types and symptoms of dementia, as well as going into how it can affect the brain in different ways. It also has relevant information needed to support individuals with dementia.
Dementia is used to describe the symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions. Dementia is a chronic progressive problem of cognition – which is a failure of the brain’s functions. It affects people at different stages of life, it affects different parts of the brain and it affects it at different speeds.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available to download as soon as you have passed your course.
The Dementia Awareness course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
What you will learn on this course?
- What Is Dementia?
- The Brain
- Types of Dementia
- Strategies to Use with Clients with Dementia
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviour
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who works with or around people that may be suffering with dementia.
- Anyone who works in the care environment.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding of Dementia.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the issues associated with dementia, the strategies to use and how to deal with challenging behaviour.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 45 mins – 1 hour depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 25 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal