£25 + VAT – Package Discounts available (+10 courses)
The Display Screen Equipment Awareness Online Training Course is designed to promote the correct way to set up and use display screen equipment safely, fulfil statutory training obligations, and reduce the risk of work related conditions.
The first thing most people think of is a computer monitor, but that’s not the only thing it refers to. Display Screen Equipment could also mean laptops, tablet PCs, televisions, smartphones, CNC control pads, portable diagnostic screens or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, or CRTs. The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations contain special directives covering DSE safety, where both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Display Screen Equipment Awareness course is approved by The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management IIRSM.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introduction to DSE
- Legislation DSE Awareness
- Protecting Your Body
- Adjusting Your Chair
- Adjusting Your Screen
- Work Arrangements
- Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation
- Adjusting Your Work Environment
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who uses display screen equipment (DSE). A ‘user’, is anyone who regularly uses display screen equipment for a significant part of their normal work. In practice, if you use display screen equipment continuously for more than one hour a day, then you’re a ‘user’.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding to set up and use display screen equipment safely.
- Improve posture and work environment in order to reduce the risk of DSE work related conditions.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1 – 2 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 50 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal