£25 + VAT – Package Discounts available (+10 courses)
The Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes Course is designed to provide candidates with a general understanding of basic fire awareness including what should be done in the event of a fire, how to prevent a fire occurring and a basic introduction of the protocol of extinguishing a fire. The content has been tailored specifically for employees that work in care home settings.
It is essential for any organisation to meet its duties under current fire safety legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, which applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate.Your certificate will be available to download as soon as you have passed your course.
The Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA.
What you will learn on this course?
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness
Who should attend this course?
- All employees who will be able to identify and reduce the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
- Anyone working in a care home setting.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of basic fire safety.
- What should be done in the event of a fire.
- The principles of fire risk control and the principles and practice of fire safety management at work.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 60 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal