Fire Marshal. This online training course is designed to provide candidates with extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation procedures and using fire extinguishers. It covers the latest fire safety regulations to comply with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, which applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to designate fire marshals. Fire marshals (sometimes known as fire wardens) are civilians trained to assist in emergency fire evacuation procedures at businesses and other organizations. It is a legal obligation that workplaces must have a sufficient number of fire marshals to deal with fire emergencies.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. The Basic Fire Safety Awareness is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA.
What you will learn on this course?
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Statistics
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone responsible for overseeing fire safety.
- Designated fire marshals.
- Anyone who needs to know more about fire safety.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the role as fire warden in the workplace.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace, how fire risk is controlled in the workplace, the principles and practice of fire safety management at work.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 4-5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 220 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass except for the module Using the fire Extinguisher which must have a 100% score.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal