This half day (4 hour) Principles of Fire Safety Awareness course is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of basic fire safety and the key elements of what to do in an emergency. The principles of fire risk control, including the practice of fire safety management at work.
It is essential for any organisation to meet its duties under current fire safety legislation by providing employees with up to date knowledge regarding fire safety, in order to understand how to prevent a fire from starting as well as what actions to take should a fire break out.
The qualification is in line with the Health and Safety Legislation UK.
You or your delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills. Certificate valid for 3 years.
What will you learn on this course?
- Main causes and effect of fires in the workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities of employer and employees.
- Action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace.
- Reporting fire risk issues and the fire marshal.
- Effective fire risk management.
- Fire prevention measures.
- The Fire Triangle.
- State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Fire fighting equipment.
- Evacuation Procedures.
- Inspecting fire safety equipment.
Who should attend this course?
- Recommended for all employees.
- Induction training.
- Persons wishing to develop knowledge and understanding and awareness of the issues of fire safety.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of basic fire safety, what to do in an emergency, the principles of fire risk control and the principles and practice of fire safety management at work.
- Meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
How long does this course last ?
This course is delivered as a half-day programme (4 hours)
What type of assessment does the course use?
The course provides theory and practical scenarios. Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Group Discussion.
- Case study.
- Question and Answer sessions.
Assessment 15 multiple choice questionnaire. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where can you take the course?
- In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
- Contact us for your In-house training
- Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
- Contact us for your Private Course