This one day (6 hour) Principles of Fire Safety Awareness course is designed to further the knowledge and understanding of the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace, how fire risk is controlled, the principles and practice of fire safety management at work and the role of the nominated fire warden.
This course will give the learner knowledge as the designated fire warden or fire marshal, to act safely in the event of a fire, and to aid fire prevention in your work place. Training and raising awareness will reduce the risk of fires actually breaking out. This qualification is in line with Health and Safety Legislation UK.
Delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What you will learn on this course?
- Causes of fire in the workplace.
- Hazards during and after a fire.
- Characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- Role of the fire warden.
- Fire safety inspections.
- Outline of fire prevention measures.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
- Legal requirements and penalties.
- Fire safety inspections.
- The Fire Triangle.
- Methods to identify and control fire hazards.
- Means of escape and raising the alarm.
- Methods of fire detection.
- How fires are extinguished.
- Fixed systems for fire fighting.
- Use safely portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Evacuation procedures.
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone wishing to advance their knowledge on basic fire safety to become fire marshal or warden .
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace, how fire risk is controlled in the workplace, the principles and practice of fire safety management at work and the role of the nominated fire warden.
- Meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
How long does this course last?
This course is delivered as a 1 day programme (6 hour).The course provides theory and practical scenarios.
What type of assessment does this course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Group Discussion.
- Case study.
- Question and answer sessions.
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where can you take this course?
- In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
- Contact us for your In-house training
- Open Courses: We offer scheduled Emergency First Aid at Work courses in different locations. Book your place in our Open courses
- Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
- Contact us for your Private Course