This 3 day First Aid at Work (FAW) course is a mandatory requirement for companies with a high hazard environment, larger sized organizations or companies whose risk assessment advised full qualification training for their first aiders. The course covers the HSE syllabus and complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the approved code of practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace first aiders.
Delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introduction to first aid.
- First Aid in the Workplace.
- Role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Incident Management -Primary and Secondary Survey.
- Seizures and Epilepsy.
- Unconsciousness – Unresponsive casualty.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Bleeding and Wounds.
- Burns and scalds.
- Muscle and soft tissue injuries.
- Head and Spinal injuries.
- Chest injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Heart Attack.
Who should attend this course?
- Persons who are or wish to be dedicated first aiders in workplaces. This intensive 3 day course is for able bodied and focused individuals.
- Those wishing to thoroughly develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to be an effective first-aider in the workplace.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas: role and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from injury or illness. Recording and reporting.
- The learner will be able to provide First Aid in the workplace in a prompt, safe and effective manner to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive, (HSE) First Aid regulations.
- To develop the first aider role in the workplace for personal growth and engagement in learning.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 3 day programme (18 hours) of training and assessment to allow learners to be first aiders in the workplace. The qualification lasts for a period of 3 years. Note: It is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
What type of assessment does this course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Practical Demonstration.
- Group Discussion.
- Case study.
- Observation of learner’s skills.
- Question and Answer sessions inc’ written assessment.
Where you can take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training.
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course.
Open Course: We offer scheduled First Aid at Work courses in different locations: Wimbledon, Waterloo, Croydon and Milton Keynes. Book your Open course.