This one day (6 hour) course covers relevant information needed to attend emergency first aid situations in a school environment involving school staff, visitors and children. The course covers the HSE syllabus defined for Emergency First Aid in the Workplace, plus additional topics covering children 5 to 11 years. We will emphasise those topics that affect your School, simply let us know your requirements.
You will receive a certificate valid for 3 years.
What will you learn on this course?
- Introduction to first aid.
- First Aid in the Workplace.
- Role and Responsibilities of a first aider.
- Incident Management – Primary and Secondary Survey.
- Seizure and Epilepsy.
- Choking Adult and Child.
- Unconscious Casualty – Adult and Child.
- Recovery position – Adult and Child.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – Adult and Child.
- Bleeding and Wounds.
- Minor Injuries (cuts, grazes and bruises).
- Burns and scalds.
- Head Injuries.
Who should attend this course?
- People who provide support to fully qualified First Aiders in the school.
- Persons working in primary schools with children from 5 to 11 years.
- Anyone working with children that wishes to have knowledge and skills to assist a young casualty.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To provide hybrid first aid skills to those working with children and adults.
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable the learner to provide appropriate care and manage life threatening conditions, minor illness and injuries that can affect adults and children in the school environment . The learner will be able to provide first aid for adults and children in a prompt, safe and effective manner to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) First Aid regulations.
- To support the first aider in the workplace.
What type of assessment does the course use?
The course provides plenty of theory and practical scenarios. It can enable your staff to respond to an emergency independently, or working as part of a team. Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Practical Demonstration.
- Group Discussion.
- Case study.
- Observation of learner’s skills.
- Question and Answer sessions.
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a One-Day programme (6 hour) and the qualification lasts for a period of 3 years. Note: It is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Where can you take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training.
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course