This one day (6 hour) Food Safety for manufacturing course to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene, and to take responsibility for food safety in a food manufacturing environment. They will also understand how to keep food safe from contamination.
The Food Standards Agency regards these topics as important in maintaining good practice in the production and sale of safe food.
What will you learn on this course?
- Report food safety hazards, infestations and food spoilage
- Legal responsibilities of food operatives and food business operators
- Importance of personal hygiene in food safety including their role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Personal hygiene practices
- Good housekeeping
- Importance of safe waste disposal
- Importance of pest control
- Risk of cross contamination
- Safe food handling practices and procedures
- Importance of temperature controls
Who should attend this course?
- People who work, or intend to work in food or drink production.
- People whose work requires them to enter the workplace e.g. equipment maintenance engineers and delivery personnel.
- Learners wishing to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene, and to take responsibility for food safety in a food manufacturing environment.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene.
- To allow learners to take responsibility for food safety in a food manufacturing environment.
- To progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding and preparing learners for employment and supporting a role in the workplace
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 1 Day programme (6 hour).
What type of assessment does the course use?
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire.
Where can you take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course