This one day (6 hour) Food Safety for Retail course to develop knowledge and understanding of how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation. The operational requirements needed to ensure food safety. How to implement food safety management procedures and the role of supervision in food safety management procedures. The Food Standards Agency regards these topics as important in maintaining good practice in the production and sale of safe food.
Nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard.
What will you learn on this course?
- Introduction to Food Safety.
- Legislation and the Law.
- Food preparation and surface hygiene.
- Handling food safely and personal hygiene.
- Food poisoning causes and prevention.
- High risk food and contamination.
- Control of temperatures.
- Cooking, reheating and chilling.
- Safe food storage and principles.
- Pest Control.
- Cleaning food storage areas, equipment and premises.
Who should attend this course?
- Food operatives and food business operators.
- People working in handling and/or preparing food within a retail environment: food storage areas, in-store bakeries, hot food preparation and service areas, fish, meat, or fresh produce of delicatessen counters.
- People wanting to undertake training or to further develop knowledge and/or skills in this subject area.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop knowledge and understanding of how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation, the operational requirements needed to ensure food safety, how to implement food safety management procedures and the role of supervision in food safety management procedures.
- To progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding and preparing learners for employment and supporting a role in the workplace.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 1 day programme (6 hour).
What type of assessment does this course use?
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire.
Where you can take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course