This one day (6 hour) Food Safety in Catering course is designed to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene. It allows learners to take responsibility for food safety in a catering environment. It is a legal requirement that anyone working with food must safeguard the health of consumers by gaining food safety training and hygiene knowledge. This course is for all food handlers and food business operators.
Nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard.
What will you learn on this course?
- Importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling.
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators.
- Reduce the risk of contamination.
- Personal hygiene practices.
- Deal with food spoilage.
- Food storage.
- Handling food safely and personal hygiene.
- Food poisoning causes and prevention.
- High risk food, contamination and cross contamination.
- Cooking, reheating and chilling.
- Safe food storage.
- Pest Control.
- Cleaning food storage areas, equipment and premises
Who should attend this course?
- Food handlers and food business operators.
- People working in catering or hospitality whether employed or self employed, working in restaurants, hotels, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, bars, kitchens, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges.
- People wanting to undertake training or to further develop knowledge and/or skills in this subject area.
What are the purposes of this course?
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene.
- To allow learners to take responsibility for food safety in a catering environment.
- To progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding and preparing learners for employment and supporting a role in the workplace
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 1 Day programme (6 hour).
What type of assessment does the course use?
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire.
Where can you take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course