This one day (6 hour) Health & Safety in the Workplace course is designed to raise awareness of health and safety and satisfies the legal requirement for employers to provide health and safety training to employees.. It is essential that everyone in the workplace is aware of their own safety and the safety of employees, contractors and the public who might be affected by their actions. The qualification covers legislation, basic health and safety, hazards, risks and raises awareness of control methods in line with the Health and Safety Legislation UK.
You or your delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What will you learn on this course?
- Roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Importance of risk assessments for accident prevention.
- Process for carrying out a risk assessment.
- Identification and control the risks from common workplace hazards.
- Procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- First Aid regulations.
- Fire Prevention and regulation.
- Manual Handling.
- Plant and work equipment.
- Noise and vibration.
- Occupational Health.
Who should attend this course?
- Persons preparing to enter a work environment for the first time.
- Persons who are returning to work.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding related to health and safety issues and responsibilities.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Raise awareness of health and safety and is applicable to anyone in a work environment.
- Help employees to be aware of their own safety and the safety of others including contractors and the public who might be affected by their work.
- Meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
What type of assessment does the course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
Question and Answer sessions.
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire.
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
How long does this course last ?
This course is delivered as a 1 day programme (6 hour).
Where you can take the course?
- In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises. Contact us for your In-house training.
- Open Courses: We offer scheduled Emergency First Aid at Work courses (different locations in the UK). Book your place in our Open courses
- Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you. Contact us for your Private Course