£25 + VAT – Package Discounts available (+10 courses)
Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection. This includes, and is not limited to anyone working in health care settings, working closely to people or animals or even with waste produced by them.
Every year at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has a huge impact on the patient, the staff and the institution it occurs in. Whereas if there is good infection prevention and control, patients will have better health and more independence.
This course will start by defining infection prevention, and explaining the impact of good and bad infection control measures. It then goes into detail about the legislation that applies to infection control, the different types of micro-organisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection, and the precautions you have to take to break the chain of infection.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Infection Control course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
What you will learn on this course?
- Infection prevention and control, and the impact of infection
- The different microorganisms
- How bacteria are transmitted
- The Chain of Infection
- The control and prevention of infection
- Cleaning & Decontamination
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone working in health care or education settings: School staff, care support workers, healthcare assistants, care assistants, social care workers, senior carers, care managers .
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding of infection control or vulnerable to acquiring an infection.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of infection control, identify the risks and take the right measures to control or prevent infection.
- Minimise the risk of infection in a working environment.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 60 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal