The Learning Disability Awareness Online Training Course is designed to understand the principles of supporting people with learning disabilities, how to meet their needs and the relevant aspects of the legal framework.
Learning disabilities, however they are acquired, are lifelong. They are neurological disabilities and as such affect how an individual understands and remembers information, how they learn and communicate. People can be born with learning disabilities or they may acquire them later in life. There are many differing types of learning difficulty and they can exhibit in many different ways and with many different characteristics.
This course will start by giving you an overview of some of the common types and causes of learning disabilities and how they affect people. It will touch on how a person centred approach to care will get the best results and look at how management must perform, and at the needs of the individual. It will also discuss overcoming the stigma attached to learning disabilities and much more.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introduction Learning disability
- Learning Disabilities: the Basics li>
- New Understanding
- Person-centred Approach
- Meeting Needs – Part 1
- Meeting Needs – Part 2 li>
- Meeting Needs – Part 3
- Legal Framework, Opportunities and Safeguarding
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone working in health or social care, a community or an education setting.
- Anyone interested to learn how to support people with disabilities for personal or working purposes.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop learning and understanding of what it means to have a learning disability.
- Learn how to support people with disabilities
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1 – 2 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 50 mins .
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal