The Basic Legionella Management Online Training Course is designed to assist employers and staff in identifying the danger that Legionella poses, as well as covering ways to identify & assess sources of risk from Legionella in the premises and implement & manage a control programme.
Current legislation set out by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 along with the HSE’s updated code of practice known as L8 which was published in 2001, states that companies and building owners have a legal duty to manage Legionella.
This course explains the background to Legionella, the potential risks associated with water systems and how these can be prevented or controlled. It helps you to understand the risk that Legionella poses and helps you develop the systems and working practices you need to stay ahead. It gives you enough knowledge to get a Legionella control programme off the ground yourself – or make confident, informed choices when commissioning others to take this on for you.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. The Basic Legionella Management online training course is accredited by Rospa.
What you will learn on this course?
- What is Legionella?
- Risk Areas
- Risk Management
- Water System Monitoring
- Cooling System Awareness
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone involved in work that may expose themselves or other people to legionella: duty holder, a responsible person, employers, landlords and letting agents.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to recognise legionella disease and implement & manage a control programme.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding about legionella disease and implement & manage a control programme.
- Understand the legal duty to manage Legionella.
- Develop the systems and working practices to prevent or control the risk of legionella .
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 75 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal