This one day (6 hour) Manual Handling Risk Assessment course is designed to provide managers and supervisors the skills required to carry out an appropriate risk assessment. Learn the importance of correct manual handling to reduce injury and loss of working hours. The unit specification is based on the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, which require employers to assess any hazardous manual handling tasks that cannot be avoided and reduce the risk of injury, so far as is reasonably practicable.
You or your delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills
What will you learn on this course?
The importance of manual handling risk assessments.
- Reasons for conducting manual handling risk assessments.
- Legislation relating to manual handling risk assessments.
- Basic principles of anatomy and physiology as they relate to manual handling operations.
- Common injuries caused by manual handling operations.
- Applying the hierarchy of controls.
- Recording and reporting.
- How to undertake a manual handling risk assessment.
- Stages involved in a manual handling risk assessment.
- Reviewing and revising.
- Circumstances in which a manual handling risk assessment should be reviewed.
Who should attend this course?
- Managers and supervisors and employees required to develop knowledge and understanding of manual handling and to reduce the risks involved.
- People wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to carry out an appropriate risk assessment.
- Learners wishing to progress to a qualification in Health and Safety, or preparing learners for further development .
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of manual handling risk assessment and the skills that are required to carry out an appropriate risk assessment.
- Understanding the importance of risk assessments involved and necessary for manual handling tasks.
How much time does the course take for ?
This course is delivered as a 1 Day programme (6 hours).
What type of assessment does the course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Practical Demonstration
- Written assignment
- Observation of learner’s skills
- Case Study
- Question and answer sessions.
Assessment 30 multiple answer questionnaire. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where you can take the course?
- In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
- Contact us for your In-house training
- Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
- Contact us for your Private Course