The Introduction to Safe Handling of Medicines Online Training Course aims to provide the basic knowledge and understanding about managing of medicines and ensure they are dispensed, stored and administered in a safe and secure manner.
The course will start by explaining the key terminology used when handling medicines. It then goes into detail about the roles of the people involved, some of the different groups of medicines, providing different levels of support to patients, infection control, label interpretation and much more.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. The Introduction to Safe Handling of Medicines course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
What you will learn on this course?
- Introduction to safe Handling Medicines
- The roles of those involved, legislation and licensing
- Levels of support and routes of entry
- Infection Control and equipment for dispensing
- Label interpretation, record keeping and The Seven Rights
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone responsible for handling or administering medicines in care or education settings: School member, care support workers, healthcare assistants, care assistants, social care workers, senior carers, care managers .
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to handling medicines safely and efficiently for working or personal purposes.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the different types of medication, and the requirements for the safe handling, storage and disposal of them.
- Develop knowledge and understanding regarding legislation for the handling and storing of medicines, label interpretation and the correct method of record keeping.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 60 mins.
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal