This half day (4 hour) Moving and Handling people course is designed to give delegates knowledge, skills and confidence to deal with any situation that involves moving and handling people around the workplace or home. Delegates will be better equipped to make safe decisions when carrying out correctly moving or handling people, and recognise the importance of this in ensuring a safer working environment for them and the people under their care. The course is designed to meet the requirements and recommendations of the HSE Manual Handling Regulations 1992 and its amendments as well as other relevant regulations and guidelines.
You or your delegates will obtain an attendance certificate which compliments your vocational skills.
What will you learn on this course?
- Manual Handling legislation and regulations.
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics of moving people.
- Safe Lifting Techniques – L.I.T.E.
- Lifting Safety.
- Moving and Positioning People.
- Manual Handling hazards.
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving.
- Manual handling people – Risk assessment.
- Manual handling people – Equipment.
- Manual handling people – Good Techniques.
- Team handling and communication.
- Practical Sessions.
Who should attend this course?
- Employees involved in moving and manual handling people as part of their role.
- Anyone that wishes to have the knowledge and skills in moving and handling people safely.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of manual handling risk assessment and the skills that are required to carry out tasks safely with the least amount of effort, and providing greater comfort and dignity to people in care.
- Develop the competences to provide correct people handling techniques so that risks are reduced.
- Improve manual handling techniques, move and handle loads safely and be able to conduct a personal manual handling risk assessment.
How much time does the course take for ?
This course is delivered as a Half Day programme (4 hour).
What type of assessment does the course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
- Practical Demonstration
- Written assignment
- Observation of learner’s skills
- Case Study
- Question and answer sessions
Assessment Multiple Choice Questionnaire. (MCQ)