If you are part of a team responsible for people’s nutrition and hydration, it’s important that you understand the terms that are being used, the nutritional requirements of the service users and the possible consequences of getting it wrong.
This course will start by defining the various terms used when talking about nutrition and hydration in care environments, the basic elements of nutrition and eating a healthy balanced diet, identify the reasons why vulnerable people might suffer with dehydration and the tools you can use to identify people that are at risk of malnutrition and the steps you can take to deal with this condition.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Nutrition and Hydration Online Training Course is accredited by the CPD certification service.
What you will learn on this course?
- The Course Structure
- Defining the Terms
- The Eatwell Plate
- Through-Life Nutrition
- Malnutrition and Overnutrition
- The ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who wants to understand the importance of nutrition and hydration.
- Those who work in care settings where correct nutrition and hydration are vital.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of nutrition and hydration
- Recognise the need for correct nutrition and hydration in a care setting.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx. 65 mins .
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal