Designed to raise awareness of health and safety and is applicable to anyone, particularly in preparation for entering a work environment. It is essential that everyone is aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public who might be affected by their actions. This qualification covers the importance of: Health and Safety in the workplace, Hazards and Risks.
Delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What will you learn on this course?
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Legal responsibilities of employers and employees.
- The scope of hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Slips, Trips and Falls.
- First Aid regulations.
- Fire regulation.
- Protective Equipment.
- Working at Height.
- Manual Handling.
- Safe Work Equipment.
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Safety Signage.
Who should attend this course.
- People working in any workplace environment, including retail, manufacturing, food premises and the care environment, or as part of a work experience programme.
- Persons preparing to enter a work environment for first time.
- People who are returning to work, or as part of your induction.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding related to health and safety issues and responsibilities.
What are the purposes of this course?
Raise awareness of health and safety and is applicable to anyone particularly in preparation for entering a work environment.
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Identify the hazards and risks related to the workplace.
- Understand workplace health and safety procedures.
- Meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
How long does this course last ?
This course is delivered as a half day programme (4 hour)
The course provides theory and practical scenarios. Our assessment methods for this course may include:
Group Discussion. Case study.
Question and answer sessions.
What type of assessment does the course use?
Assessment 15 multiple choice questionnaire.
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where you can take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training.
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course