This one day (6 hour) Safe Moving and Handling course is designed to provide the learners with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to apply safe manual handling principles and be aware of their responsibilities.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and The Manual Handling Operations Regulations (Including amendments in 2002) employees now must have adequate or appropriate knowledge, or specific training and information on manual handling. These regulations apply to almost all work environments from offices to care homes and factories. There are different risks associated with different industries so an assessment needs to be made for all types of safe moving. This accredited qualification offers learning outcomes which are suitable for all.
You or your delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What you will learn on this course?
- Potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing.
- Employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work.
- Awareness of safe moving and load lifting.
- Manual handling risk assessments.
- Importance of assessing hazard and risk.
- The hierarchy when applied to manual handling.
- The principles, types of equipment and testing requirements.
- Safe use of all types of equipment.
- Requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment.
Who should attend this course?
- People involved with any moving and handling operations particularly those starting work, returning to work or those who need specific manual handling training or refresher training.
- People wishing to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to apply safe manual handling principles and be aware of their responsibilities.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to apply safe manual handling principles.
- Meet relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Preparing learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding
How much time does the course take for ?
This course is delivered as a 1 day programme (6 hour). Valid for 3 years.The course provides theory and practical scenarios.
What type of assessment does the course use?
Our assessment process for this course may include:
- Practical Demonstration
- Written assignment
- Observation of learner’s skills
- Question and answer sessions
Assessment 30 multiple choice questionnaire. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where you can take the course?
- In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
- Contact us for your In-house training
- Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
- Contact us for your Private Course