One day (6 hour) or half day (3 hour) courses available (please contact us)
This course is designed to understand the legal, physical, emotional and organisational aspects of safeguarding according to “Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 Updated” and in Line with the Ofsted Inspection Framework 2015. The course covers the knowledge and guidance requirements for anyone who works with children and young people in order to maintain the ability to act on concerns regarding their safety and welfare.
This course will be tailored to answer the needs and nature of your organisation.
What will you learn on this course?
- The law on safeguarding children and young people.
- Understand the importance of maintaining a child focus.
- Role and responsibilities regarding safeguarding.
- Identify concerns in the context of normal child and youth development.
- Types of child abuse and characteristics.
- Actions to take in suspected abuse and children at risk of being abused.
- How to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse.
- Document, record and share information of abuse or suspected abuse.
Who should attend this course?
- People working predominantly with children, young people and /or their families or carers.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard and protect children and young people in the workplace, and how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been, or is being abused.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard and protect children in the workplace.
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused.
What type of assessment does this course use?
Our assessment methods for this course may include:
Question and Answer sessions.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a one day programme or a half day programme.
Note: It is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Where you can take the course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Open Courses: Book on one of our scheduled courses around the UK.