This three day (18 hour) Supervising Food Safety in Catering course is designed to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene. It allows learners to take responsibility for food safety in any environment. Essential for small, medium and large companies. Manufacturing, retail or catering. The learner will also understand how to keep food safe for consumption. It is fundamental food safety training and hygiene knowledge for all food handlers and food business operators.
You or your delegates will obtain a nationally recognised awarded qualification to the Ofqual standard which compliments your vocational skills.
What will you learn on this course?
Role of the supervisor in food safety.
- Food safety management procedures.
- Responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Food safety legislation.
Application and monitoring of good hygiene practice.
- Methods for temperature control.
- Procedures to control contamination and cross contamination.
- Personal hygiene.
- procedures for cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal.
- Food premises and equipment.
- Methods for pest control.
Food safety management procedures
- Food safety and allergenic hazards.
- Food safety control.
- Induction and on-going training of staff.
- Effective communication.
Who should attend this course?
- People working in a food business at supervisory level.
- Anyone who needs a broad understanding of food hygiene as part of their work e.g. chefs, owners of small businesses and anyone else who has responsibility for food safety in the workplace.
- People wanting to undertake training or to further develop knowledge and/or skills in this subject area.
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of the importance of good personal and workplace hygiene and to take responsibility for supervising food safety in a catering environment.
- Progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding and preparing learners for employment and supporting a role in the workplace.
How long does this course take?
This course is delivered as a 3 Day programme (18 hours).
What type of assessment does the course use?
The course provides theory and practical scenarios. Our assessment methods for this course may include:
Question and answer sessions.
Assessment 45 multiple choice questionnaire.
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass.
Where you can take this course?
In-house training: This course is delivered anywhere in the UK at your premises.
Contact us for your In-house training
Private Course: We can organise and deliver your course at the location that suits you.
Contact us for your Private Course