The Working at Height Online Training Course is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches. This is because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but how far you can fall. ‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height.
This course covers topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more.
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Working at Height Training course is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA
What you will learn on this course?
- Introducing Working at Height
- Dangers of Working at Height
- The Work at Height Regulations
- Summary of Duty Holder’s Responsibilities
- Employer’s Responsibilities
- The Hierarchy of Control
- Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible
- Prevent Risk of Falls
- Minimise Consequences
- The Risk Assessment
- Course Summary
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who supervises, is responsible for, or someone who works at height.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them to work safely..
What are the purposes of this course?
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of safe working at height.
- Promote safe working practices and minimise accidents.
How long is this course?
This course has an approximate duration of 2 – 3 hours depending on your review system and thinking time to answer the questions. The amount of video content shown is approx.105 mins .
What type of assessment does this course use?
The course’s assessment method is multiple choice questions. You are able to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will have 3 chances per module. All modules must have a 70% score to achieve a pass.
What are the recommended System Requirements?
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
If you want to purchase a course for yourself or someone else click on buy now:
Important: To register for your account, you need your own individual email address whose account name should match your name in the registration. We will use this address to send a confirmation email, or a new password and to confirm your name to issue your certificate.
If you require a VAT invoice, want to arrange an alternative payment method or to take advantage of our multiple discounts (purchase more than 10 courses at once) and/or would like to have access to a Business Account.
If you already have an account, please go to our training portal